Return of summer rhymes with return of mosquitoes. Bites, itching and noise pollution from these small insects then become daily hassles. Manon, a twenty-year-old student from Hérault, was even the victim of health problems following hundreds of mosquito bites.
” I’ve never seen that. They went everywhere”
As part of her studies, the student had to spend two months in the Gard to work in a melon field. Monday July 4, while she was crossing fields located in Fourques, a town in Gard located near the Camargue regional natural park, Manon was attacked by clouds of mosquitoes. ”
I’ve never seen that. They got everywhere, in my mouth, under my sunglasses…“, she says on a daily basis. Free lunch . All the more surprising that ”
some of my colleagues didn’t seem to get bitten”.
The student had however taken precautions by wearing long clothes and protecting herself with special mosquito repellent, which however did not take effect. She notices, back home, that her legs are
puffy and covered in pimples “. ”
I counted over 200!” she is alarmed. The pain does not diminish and prevents him from sleeping. She can’t even touch her legs, which burn her.
An “unheard of” reaction
Even though she is not allergic to mosquitoes, the doctor whom the student consults tells her that she has had a violent reaction caused by too many bites. The prescribed treatment will finally get the better of the pain., but the doctor, who issues a sick leave, “
had never seen such a reaction “. He is therefore categorical: no more places infested with mosquitoes, the young woman must imperatively avoid being exposed again to such bites.